Thursday, August 28, 2008

The Alan Parsons Project - "I Wouldn't Want To Be Like You (The Twelves Re-Edit)"


M
I admit, I have never heard of The Alan Parsons Project prior to Dr. Evil dubbing his master plan as The Alan Parsons Project in Austin Powers. However, The Twelves hailing from Rio de Janeiro does quite well finessing this remix. The added tempo gives the song an appropriate disco bounce which the original song does not possess. Even the original guitar solo was kept in the remix which was seamlessly weaved into the new beat concocting the perfect blend of a song.

T


I don't know Mr. Parsons personally, but I think that he'd appreciate how this remix of his '77 hit complements the subject of the song: namely, the robotic, almost Kraftwerk-esque tones of the added synthesizers as singer Lenny Zakatek delivers his gripe with, presumably, the original album title's (I, Robot) eponymous robots whom he "wouldn't want to be like." As for myself, I quite enjoy the remix version. It offers a nice quickened pace and I do like that little stutter that happens sporadically during the guitar solo. I wouldn't quite say that there wasn't a disco feel to the original, especially with that hi-hat opening and closing every beat. It's an undeniably catchy song and this remix just gives you all the more reason to tap your foot (or maybe just get up and dance).

No comments: